Main Campus, Qi'Ao Island, Zhuhai
CategoriesMYP - The Middle Years Programme,
What is the MYP? The IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) is a programme of study designed to meet the educational requirements of students aged between 11 and 16 years. It is a curricular framework that allows ZIS to follow a curriculum appropriate to our students whilst meeting the subject specific requirements of the IB. The MYP allows us to teach a broad and balanced choice of subjects in every year of the programme, organised into eight subject groups.
- Language & Literature – English and Chinese
- Language Acquisition – Chinese and English
- Arts- visual arts and music
- Physical & Health Education
- Design Technology
- The programme encourages the use of a variety of teaching and learning methods.
- The central concept is the development of the whole person, affective, cognitive, creative and physical.
- Each subject includes skills, attitudes and knowledge in addition to the understanding of concepts; to develop students understanding of ideas as well as knowledge to be able to apply them in any context.